I declared last week my own personal Octoberfest. It was a crazy-busy week that left me exhausted, but heartfull. (That should be a word.) Some highlights:
My Nashville friends Kimberly and Shawn took us with them to see U2. You guys know I love me some music, and seeing U2 live was absolutely incredible. Better still was my friends' connections: We ate pop-tarts on one of the band's tour buses, stood on stage, and had the best seats in the house---on top of tech cases with no one between us and the stage runway! Un-be-frickin-lievable.
I finally posted some pics last night. Here's an appetizer...
[gallery order="DESC" columns="4"]
I rubbed shoulders with some blog-stars at the Bloggers Meet-Up. Like Jon Acuff, Michael Hyatt, Anne Jackson, and Los Whittaker. But I was more excited to finally meet some of my online friends. Like Brad Ruggles, Lisa Ruggles, and Pete Wilson.
I also met some great people who've already been added to my reading list. Like Tripp, Tyler, and The Davises. And I got to see a guy who did our summer internship 7 years ago. But more on Greg Darley another time...
I showed up at Catalyst with high expectations, and I didn't leave disappointed. It's gonna take me a while to process everything I soaked in---shoot, it's gonna take me a while just to sort through all the books, cds, and materials I came home with! (I love free!) But a few initial thoughts on my catalytic week---
- I loved worshiping alongside 13,000 other Christian leaders.
- You know I don't do favorites, but I really enjoyed hearing from Andy Stanley, Matt Chandler, Louie Giglio, Priscilla Shirer, and Chuck Swindoll. Chuck surprised me the most. Especially when he shouted "Shut up!"
- Francis Chan led us in communion. What a beautiful moment with so many thousands of Believers together in worshipful gratefulness...
- I watched a grown man in a leotard belly-flop into a kiddie pool from 3 stories up. I kid you not. See for yourself.
- Guys in skinny jeans. Everywhere. 'Nuff said.
So... tell me something about you!