June 1st?! How is that even possible? I feel like the past year of my life has been stolen from me. But demanding it back isn't going to help at all. Although, if I'm being honest, sometimes I really want to just throw a good ol' fashioned temper tantrum. Won't change a thing, but it would be a great release. I'll refrain though. At least for right now.
I'll reminisce about Junes gone by instead.
- Last June I spent a month with Kitty: escaping floods in Iowa City, riding a motorcycle in Missouri, stalking the dancing Fiona at tot time, and learning a ton about parenting. But of all the adventures, the highlight was definitely being there when Kitty gave birth to Junior. Peaberry instantly won my heart. I loved our middle of the night togetherness times. I can't believe she's about to turn one.
- All too often, I'm still guilty of living as though I'm not convinced God's mindful of me. Worse, I spend too much time living without being mindful of Him.
- If you've never read it, you need to read about the shocking ugly heartfelt birthday gift I got from my Mosotho friend Joyce a couple years ago. It'll change your life. Forever. Okay, maybe not quite. But it'll at least make you laugh.
- I miss much. Like Starbucks (the bird, not the coffee). And my car. And my job. And that's just the short list.
- Last year I was struck with how much I need relationships, and this year that's been reinforced even more. I'm grateful I do not journey alone.
Tell me something about your June(s). Past, present, or future.