This week went by unbelievably fast...
- Youth camps ended Sunday afternoon, leaving everybody pretty exhausted, but internally energized.
- The interns' family members (who were visiting for Family Days) flew home;I got teary watching the goodbyes at the airport.
- I really enjoyed getting to know the parentals while they were here with us. We had a brief Q&A time with them (on our fun overnight safari), and they asked some great questions. I always love hearing Niel share how he started Thrive and what lies ahead for us. His passion is so evident; it's one of the things I love most about him.
- I spent a few days up in Joburg with the interns and some of the staff, volunteering at a Willow Creek conference. We made registration packets, stuffed thousands of lunch bags, and served however needed. I really enjoyed seeing our team in action. Everyone worked hard and maintained positive attitudes -- during the busy work times as well as the lulls -- and I was proud to hear how much the Willow staff and other volunteers appreciated not only our help, but our presence.
- I learned that Panama is the only place in the world where you can see the sun rise on the Pacific and set on the Atlantic.
I am spending this week unplugged... No internet. No email. No blogging. (I cringe at the thought!) Comment away so I have lots to smile about when I get back online!