Some happenings over the past few days:
- We had a great week in Colorado. We'll be returning there for sure.
- I got to see an old friend whom I hadn't seen in almost a decade. It very quickly felt like old times, and I so enjoyed meeting his wife and holding his baby.
- I spent an hour with my high school English teacher. Mrs. Warren believed in my writing ability when I was just a nerdy, insecure teenager. (Yes. I really was a nerd. Still am.)
Random snippets from yesterday:
- I talked to a new friend on the phone for the first time ever. It felt...comfortable. Like snuggling on my couch with a blanket and a mug of lemon tea.
- A friend sent me a message: Africa misses you. That made my day.
- We spent 12 hours in the Denver airport because our flight got canceled. We finally arrived in California at midnight.
- I kept my laptop company while Niel napped during our lock-in at the airport.