Everybody has a little bit of OCD in them. Or that's what I tell myself anyway. Maybe it's just to make me feel better about my own OCD tendencies.
Some things you may not know about me...
- I can't stand being barefoot. When I get into bed at night, my slippers sleep on the floor right next to me, so that when I get out of bed in the morning my bare feet can slip right into them without having to touch the floor. I'm that anti-barefootedness!
- I really hate moths. I think maybe more than any other bug. I'm serious. They are my worst enemies in the evenings when I'm reading with only the light of my bedside lamp. They dive-bomb my book and my head, and they make me go crazy. I get angry just thinking about them.
- I can't eat things like burgers or sandwiches from the outside in. I just can't. I have to cut them so I can eat them from the inside out.
- Without wanting to offend any possible readership, I have to say that I really have a hard time listening to British accents. I don't understand why, because I enjoy hearing different accents, I live overseas, I travel a lot... But there's just something about a strong British accent that gives me the heebie jeebies.
- I hate driving without music on. Even just short drives around the property, if I forget to bring my iPod... Phew... I have to force myself to not get into a funk.
- I can't work--really work--until I've checked email and caught up on blogs. My brain doesn't like to function in the real world knowing that there's emails and blogs I haven't read yet. (So now you know my morning routine...)
- I hit "Refresh" on my Google Reader (for blogs) and my email inbox a ridiculous number of times in a day, wanting to know the moment there's something new. The internet keeps me connected to my loved ones, and I'm rather hooked on it.
- I'm really not a fan of IM/text-messaging shorthand. From the majorly abbreviated--brb (be right back), np (no problem), lol (laughing out loud)--to just the shortened versions of words--u (you) 2 (to), ppl (people)... Shudder... Maybe it's the writer in me, I don't know. But I can't bring myself to use them. And I have to choose to not be critical when other people do!
- I have a strong aversion to bars of soap. I cringe just thinking about one. I will avoid using bar soap if at all possible, and you won't find any in my house. I'm all about liquid soap or, even better, the foamy kind.
- I can only eat one end of things like hot dogs and bananas. Not both. I'd prefer to not eat either end, but I've learned to eat at least one. When I was a kid, and I'd leave the tiny butt of a hot dog on my plate, my mom would ask me how I knew which end was okay to eat. "I just know," I'd answer. I'm smart like that.